A Cbd Success Story:
A successful conference planned in a short period of time
Name of organisation: Dutch Association of Psychologists (NIP) & Belgian Federation of Psychologists (BFP).
Name of conference: 15th European Congress of Psychology
Date of conference: 11-14 July 2017
Number of attendees: 2000
Venue: RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Why NIP chose Cbd
In 2014 Cbd was in the running to organise the 15th European Congress of Psychology conference, and came in second during the bidding process. However, in December 2016, the Dutch Association of Psychologists (NIP) approached our team and solicited our services and expertise when they did not receive sufficient support from their original PCO. Our team was happy to take on the challenge and organised 70% of the conference in 6 months for 2000 delegates.
- Create scientific program for both researchers & practitioners
- Open, broad atmosphere for knowledge sharing & networking
- Feature high-quality, professional contributors
- Provide opportunity for debate in the various areas of psychology
- Enable scientific & social interaction opportunities for delegates in Amsterdam
Thanks to the professional organizational effort of Congress by design the European Congress of Psychology 2017 was very successful. The collaboration before, during and after the congress was fruitful and smooth. Everything was well organized down to the last details.
Linde Gonggrijp, Director NIP
Cbd overcame this challenge
Since Cbd was involved much later in the planning process, it was challenging to get all conference activities back on track in a relatively short period of 6 months. Also, the scientific committee held a conference challenge for delegates to create a program and received 2400 abstract submissions, however, the conference could only accommodate 1850 abstracts.
Cbd overcame this challenge:
- Offered the scientific committee structure for conference
- Team meetings were held regularly to ensure ECP 2016 vision & goals were met
- Assisted clients with abstract submission review process, helped client select best abstracts fit for conference & informed authors of their submission status
- Very motivated & professional team went the extra mile to ensure a successful conference
We are a motivated team of professionals who are flexible and who want to provide the best experience for every client and delegate. Our team had to plan, organise, and execute the conference successfully in 6 months; therefore, we acted quickly and reached out to our trusted network of suppliers to expedite the planning process. Aside from working closely with the scientific committee to plan and structure the scientific program, our team also provided delegates with a memorial social program. Delegates enjoyed the conference dinner with entertainment and were also able to see the famous sites around Amsterdam. A conference app was developed to stimulate interaction among delegates, and a welcome reception was organised on the exhibition floor.
Cbd team helped with:
- Overall project management: conference logistics before, during & after conference; social program: dinner, entertainment & Amsterdam sightseeing
- Delegate registration
- Abstract management: reviewed abstracts, selected abstract t submissions with client, contacted abstract authors about submission status
- Scientific program & speaker management
- Sponsorship & exhibition management: took care of reaching sponsor targets
- Communication: development of conference app
- Onsite management
Successful conference for delegates
One of the favoured features of the ECP conference was the venue: RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre. This location offered many breakout rooms where all the abstract submissions could be presented. The venue’s foyers offered a nice location for catering, stands, and posters; and created an overall open and pleasant atmosphere for ECP delegates.
- Welcome reception for delegates to meet & network
- Conference app to promote delegate interaction
- Abstract presentations held throughout RAI Amsterdam
- Scientific & social interaction around city
- Special Amsterdam experience evening for delegates
- Dinner party, Amsterdam sightseeing & music on the Ocean Diva
Our clients: NIP & BFP
The Dutch Association of Psychologists (Nederlands Instituut van Psychologen, NIP) is the largest professional association for psychologists in the Netherlands, representing more than 13,000 members. NIP members form a dynamic group that advocate for psychologists at all levels in the psychological sector and in government.
The Belgian Federation of Psychologists (BFP) is the largest Belgian NGO of and for psychologists, and also brings together more and more students of the Belgian Master programmes in psychology.