A Cbd Success Story:
“What preparation and what accuracy…”
Name of organisation: The International Society of Exposure Science (ISES)
Name of conference: 26th ISES Annual Meeting “Interdisciplinary Approaches to Health and the Environment”
Date of conference: 9-13 October 2016
Number of attendees: 700
Venue: Jaarbeurs Utrecht
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
The International Society of Exposure Science (ISES) approached Cbd to organise the 26th annual ISES meeting for 700 delegates in Utrecht, The Netherlands. The annual meeting centred around the theme “Interdisciplinary Approaches to Health and the Environment.”
- Informal & lively atmosphere
- Breakout sessions offering a variety of themes
- Social events: ISES Committee Fair, Women’s Networking Event, IT/Sensor Fair & Exhibitor Fair
- An entertaining conference dinner & party
What our client says
A survey was conducted to measure the delegates’ conference experience, and our Cbd team received very positive feedback from delegates and our client.
I would like to thank you so much for the amazing work and organisation you provided. What preparation and what accuracy, thank you so much.
Dr. Yuri Bruinen de Bruin, PhD, ISES Chair
This was a very well-organized conference, thank you.
As always, the conference included a very good number of sessions and speakers about topics I am interested in.
Cbd overcame this challenge
The conference chairman had a strong preference for a historical venue; however, the ISES annual meeting received an increase in delegate sign ups. Therefore, space, catering, and breakout rooms needed to be considered when selecting the venue. Also, our team needed to find a bigger venue for the conference dinner & party afterwards.
Cbd overcame this challenge by:
- Utrecht Jaarbeurs was secured for meeting venue; had all needed amenities for conference
- Scouted new venue for conference dinner
- Secured the Winkel van Sinkel for the conference dinner one month before the ISES meeting
Cbd was the preferred PCO to work with because the conference chair felt our services and expertise were aligned with the organisation’s vision for their annual meeting. The ISES 2016 LOC greatly appreciated our advice on the venue.
Cbd team helped with:
- Abstract management: prepared & collected all abstract submissions, reviewed submissions with clients & notified authors about status of submission
- Venue selection: scouted, negotiated & secured venue
- Overall project management: planning & progress of conference; coordinated roles & tasks of every party involved; maintained open & quick communication with ISES/ LOC; provided both ISES/ LOC with meeting minutes, follow-ups & action points
- Hotel reservations: suggested hotels & blocked rooms for an attractive rate
- Communication: created conference newsletters, promotional flyers, developed professional conference website & interactive app
Successful conference for delegates
The ISES conference is the first opportunity our team used the program module to publish the conference program online, and it was also linked to the conference app. We received positive feedback from delegates about the venue, program and the overall conference experience.
- Positive feedback received from client and delegates about the conference app
- Abstract presentations made by delegates were successful
- Provided a diverse and interesting meeting program for delegates
- Successful conference dinner & party
Our client: ISES
International Society of Exposure Science promotes and advances exposure science (methods, measurements, models) as it relates to the complex inter-relationships between human populations, communities, ecosystems, wildlife, and chemical, biological, and physical agents, and non-chemical stressors.