“We truly enjoyed working together and are very grateful for all help received from Cbd.“
Name of organisation: Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, School of Business and Economics en Faculty of Social Sciences
Name of conference: 37th EGOS Colloquium
Date of conference: 8 – 10 July 2021
Number of attendees: 2200
Location: Fully virtual via the Cbd On Air 3D platform.
Delegate, 37th EGOS Colloquium
Congress by design is happy to have been able to accommodate such a huge event virtually. The online platform offered plenty of options for the different components in the program. The 37th EGOS Colloquium Organizers (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam together with the European Group for Organizational Studies) were a pleasure to work with and we hope to work with them again in the future!
Challenge: The program included 66 parallel sessions as well as key-notes and sub-plenary sessions.
Solution: Our team managed to successfully create a virtual (3D) environment to accommodate each and every session, whether it’d be a livestream, Zoom session, or social networking session. Our 3D platform was able to offer the options required for the Colloquium program.
It was important for the client that the delegates could experience and benefit from the full length of the program as if it were a live event. All the same components were present, including paper presentations and discussions; the networking opportunities as well as the social events. All virtual!
- Delegate management and registration
- 3D Platform creation
- Online program creation
- Session coordination
- Speaker training and rehearsal prior the event
- Live support during the event
- Communication with the participants prior, during and after the event
Successful conference for delegates
One of the highlights of the conference was definitely the successful Opening of the Colloquium, streamed live from the beautiful aula at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam. It set the tone for the rest of the program.
Quotes from delegates:
- “That was a fantastic opening! I’m gaining a great insight into what could be achieved with a hybrid conference.”
- “Very well-coordinated and at times it felt like I was really there.”
- “A great kick-off of EGOS indeed! Well-done speeches, excellent filming, and a smooth flow across the various formats. You are setting a high bar for the future …”
- “I am really impressed by the whole organization, and the tracks seem to be running really smoothly. Personally, I am hoping that it is not seen to be going so well that the idea is that we don’t need physical conferences or workshops anymore ;)”
- “It was my first EGOS and I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you, the board and everyone at EGOS for a memorable experience of community and scholarship.”
- “It was the first time that I took part in the EGOS Colloquium and it was really a positive and inspiring experience! I look forward to attending it again in the future.”